- / Privacy & Cookies
Our Privacy & Cookies Policy
Bollington Town Council is committed to protecting the personal information supplied to us of people who use our services.
We comply with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What information do we collect about you?
Whilst visiting our site, you may be asked to enter personal data on one of our online forms. 'Personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- The information requested will be the minimum necessary in order to provide our services effectively, and may include your name, contact details, and other personal data.
- The purpose of the processing will be the service or function for which the information is being collected, and your personal data will not be used for another purpose, unless provided for by law
- We will not process your personal data unless it is necessary to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation, perform a public task, or to exercise official authority
- Your personal data will only be held for as long as necessary for the performance of the service or function. This period will vary depending on the service or function being performed, and further details can be found in our Data Retention Policy
- You have the right to request access to your personal data being processed by us. Please contact the Town Clerk
- You have the right to request the rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing of your personal data. Such requests should be made in writing to the Town Clerk
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. Please note, withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that took place prior to this
- Whilst concerns about the processing of your personal data should be raised with our Town Clerk in the first instance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Your information will be held and transferred securely at all times and we will ensure that nobody has access to it who shouldn't.
All enquiries and requests should be directed to the Town Clerk.
Wellington Road, Bollington,
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the users’ interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
For more information on managing Cookies please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Sign-up to our regular newsletters for latest news and events.